Three days ago we chatted about what an Essential Wardrobe is and why every girl needs one in the article that also included your first batch of undergarment needs.
Today we’re detailing the next step. Tee’s and blouses.
You’ll notice throughout this series that the color scheme basically stays the same, apart from a few pops of color. This is because having an orange shirt and purple pants makes it hard to coordinate a effortless look. Neutral colors are easy because everything goes with everything. The oversized light blue linen blouse can go with denim cut-offs or a classy white pencil skirt.
The items I picked out are pieces that I personally love, they’re examples of what you could look for. This essentials list is also high customizable. If you find that you don’t love wearing heels (that article will come in a few weeks) then opt for more flats. Although do give the heels a try! Try everything. Because this essential wardrobe is the foundation, there’s two ways to work it. You can fill it out with the “meat” which might be the stuff you wear on a day to day basis. Gym clothes, farm gear, etc. The second way is that this becomes your “uniform”. The items you always wear. Your “meat” items become the sprinkling of on-trend pieces or those pops of colors. It all depends on your life-style.
I love, love, love a good blouse. So effortless. The list of must-haves is as such:
- Classic stripes: This is will never not be in style.
- Black: I’d go for a chiffon or satin, something that can be dressed up and down. A plain button front blouse would be just that.. plain. Make it splashy. Give your wardrobe some texture and life with different types of materials. Chiffon, linen, satin, etc.
- White dress shirt: I love this particular shirts style elements. It’s not your classic office wear white button front, and it has some fun details. The length means you can rock this with leggings and perhaps cute flats. Win.
- Silk Blouse: I love wearing white, ivory and creams because it looks classy and timeless. This particular blouse is great because of the hidden buttons, but also because it only opens half way. This can be both office appropriate and casual.
- Casual linen or denim blouse: I love this light blue linen blouse. It’s the perfect blend between chic and casual. If you don’t love denim shirts then this is a good option to give more color and texture variety.
I live in my t-shirts, so they have to be good quality and super comfortable. I love oversized tee’s because they look so effortless, and because I’m curvy, I don’t like to always accentuate absolutely everything. I can breath in this style. For some of you however, this may not be your look. So pick something that you love and can live in!
- Something with stripes. I love this tee because it has some great style elements. The collar being a bit tighter and the sleeves being a bit looser make it something unique. If you absolutely hate stripes then pick a lovely neutral color, like a blush pink or nude.
Stay tuned this week! We’ll be tackling denim and dress pants!