Every year we wait eagerly to see what the trends will be come spring and summer, “will those high-waisted denim cut-offs still be trendy? What about those wedged sneakers?” Nothing is more infuriating than investing in something that’s only stylish for a short season before it becomes a faux pas. One season might be sporty and athletic, another might be minimalistic and simple.
This year is no different. We saw colors, suede and texture on the runways this year along with some major street style vibes from fashion bloggers world wide, and it all seems to point in one direction (R.I literal P Zayne?). Apart from still having a foot in the norm core scene, trends seem to swinging back towards a more feminine approach to style with a sprinkling of that 70’s gamine look with a smack of bohemian.
That’s not to say we’ll all be walking around with flowers and feathers in our hair (although nothing surprises me anymore), but you’ll be seeing suede everything, denim everything and white embroidered everything. Along with all of this, naturally, comes the shoes. Though I wouldn’t suggest purchasing 10 pairs of shoes (for your banks sake), I would look at these and find similar items that speak to this seasons trends.
I’ll be creating some outfits in the coming days and weeks with these along with more season appropriate closet must-haves.
Here’s a list of all the shoes from top to bottom:
1. ATP Liv Flat Sandal at NELLY.COM
2. Rag & Bone Sullivan Buckel Detail Suede Bootie: Caramel at INTERMIXONLINE.COM
3. Gianvito Rossi Black Suede Lace Up Sandal at SHOP.HARPERSBAZAAR.COM
4. COLLECTION by John Lewis Capri Leather Loafers at JOHNLEWIS.COM
5. ASOS Laboratory Pointed Mule Black Ballets at ASOS.COM
6. Chloe Black Lace Up Sandals at SSENSE.COM
7. Guiseppe Zanotti Suede Fringe Booties: Brown at SHOPBOP.COM
8. Gianvito Rossi Suede Sandals at FARFETCH.COM
9. Vans Canvas Slip On Sneakers at NET-A-PORTER.COM
10. Tibi Fringe Front Mules at FARFETCH.COM